Program and Research Grants
Small (up to $2,000) and Large (up to $10,000) Program Grants to nonprofit organizations and up to $1,000 Research Grants for individuals.
Colorado Humanities seeks proposals from small and large nonprofit organizations for humanities programs. Program formats include lecture and/or film and discussion series, panel discussions, exhibits, symposia or other formats. Criteria used in the selection of proposals includes the following:
- Programs must have broad appeal and effectively engage their targeted audience.
- Preference will be given to programs that result in a lasting and replicable resource or model.
- Programs by and about diverse ethnic, cultural and other groups are strongly encouraged.
- Program formats include lecture and/or film series, panel discussions, exhibits, symposia or other formats. Applications that include the production of an exhibit, videotape or other media format must include the "Art, Media and Publication Supplement."
- Proposals are encouraged that will engage the broad Colorado public in dialogue, enhance ongoing research, employ original source material, and use new technologies.
Colorado Humanities devotes its resources to two key areas: developing humanities education programs for all Coloradans, and awarding grants that enable other not-for-profit organizations to develop programs for their communities. Affiliated with the National Endowment for the Humanities, Colorado Humanities works in partnership with Colorado citizens to develop programs and provides staff assistance for grant applicants. In all cases, Colorado Humanities funds are used to leverage other funds toward humanities programs. Colorado Humanities grants fall into these categories: Research Grants (usually to individuals) and Program Grants (to nonprofit organizations).
Once again, due to drastic budget cuts, we do not expect to be able to offer grants for the 2014 fiscal year.
Colorado Humanities seeks to distribute funding statewide and will consider the location of the proposed program when reviewing applications.
Although we are unable to offer grants right now, we may have other ways to endorse your project or partner to achieve your program or research goals. Please consult with Josephine Jones, 303 894 7951 x15 or email@example.com to explore how we might collaborate or help.