In order to be eligible for submission, the following criteria must be met.
- A primary contributor to the book must be a current Colorado resident engaged in ongoing literary work in the state, or with a personal history, identity, AND literary work that reflect a strong Colorado influence.
- All submitted books must have a valid ISBN and a 2023 copyright. Exceptions are made for books with a copyright of October, November, or December 2022.
Self-published books are accepted, provided that they meet all eligibility requirements, and we strongly recommend that books be professionally edited.
The following are NOT eligible:
- Reprinted editions or books containing previously published material UNLESS at least 50% of the book’s content is new (further documentation will be required)
- Advance reading copies and galleys. If a book’s release date is after the submission deadline, the author or publisher must contact Colorado Humanities prior to January 5, 2024 to discuss a submission plan.
- Plays or screenplays
- Books written by staff or board members of Colorado Humanities
The final decision on a book’s eligibility is made by Colorado Humanities, and this decision will be binding.
Please read eligibility requirements carefully. Refunds will not be processed for ineligible books.